Friday, September 27, 2013

Pathfinder Mini's from the Reaper Bones line



I just finished up a couple of figures for a Pathfinder game my wife and I are in. I'm a sorcerer and she's a druid, both half-elves. So I went through my Vampire Box from the Reaper Kickstarter and found 2 appropriate minis. I gave the plastic figures a light wash in warm soapy water to clean off any release agent that may be on them and primed them black.

I noticed a couple of spots where the primer didn't take hold, so in the future I'll wash them a little more aggressively. I started with my character because the figure was revealing it's personality to as I looked it over to see the details on the little guy.

Other than the spots where the primer didn't take, painting the mini's was a breeze, pretty much like any other figure, with the exception being that the lighter material made balancing the mini taped on top of a cork, so I could better paint them without touching, better since they weren't as top heavy.

Here are the finished pieces, still awaiting a clear coat . I was going to use flat, but my wife think a semi-gloss would make them "pop" more.





No comments:

Post a Comment